GI Scrub Technician (Part Time)
Title: GI Technician
FTE: 0.6 FTE (Part Time)
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday from 7:00AM - 1:00PM, Thursday from 7:00AM - 3:30PM, and Friday from 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Prepares for and assists with endoscopic procedures, meeting the high standards of SPH. Prepares procedure room and assures equipment and supplies are available for procedures. Assists with the materials management coordination for the Operating Rooms.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and gather equipment and supplies for all GI procedures.
- Open all equipment and supplies for procedures. Sets up procedures. Readies all instruments, equipment and supplies for the case.
- Assist with prepping of patients.
- Assist surgeons during procedures by passing instruments, supplies, operating cameras and equipment.
- Universal precautions are strictly adhered to.
- Assist with reprocessing and sterilization of all instruments.
- Assist with cleaning of equipment, surgical suites and storage rooms.
- Assist the Reprocessing Tech.
- Treat all patients equally, with compassion, and without regard to social status, medical condition or race.
- Adhere to the Surgery Department Code of Ethics as it pertains to other team members.
- Protect patients' rights.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Coursework beyond high school as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant
- Required: None
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year experience in a clinical setting as a CNA or Medical Assistant. Monitoring experience.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
- Preferred: Certification as a surgical technician.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility