House SupervisorHouse SupervisorWe are seeking a House Supervisor in our Care Management Department to:
- Be a representative of patient care/hospital administration on all shifts.
- The position safeguards the quality of patient care, meeting the needs and goals of the Sauk Prairie Healthcare organization.
- The House Supervisor is responsible for the management and coordination of all hospital departments and personnel on the off shifts and weekends in the absence of direct line managers.
- The House Supervisor serves as an advocate for patient care, staff, and the hospital as a whole.
- Assure high quality patient care is provided in accordance with SPH mission/vision, values, service behaviors, policies/procedures, and regulations.
- The House Supervisor oversees effective patient placement, assures adequate staffing resources and safe and effective care delivery in the absence of the direct line manager and on all off shifts and weekends.
- Associate Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree required within 5 years of date of appointment for all appointments occurring on or after January 1, 2015).
- 5 years of clinical experience with previous experience in specialty area of nursing (e.g., critical care, ER or OB) desired.
CERTIFICATION 3 MONTHS 6 MONTHS 1 YEAR DESIRABLE Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) X Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) X Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) X
Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) and/or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) X
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks which require independent judgments such as setting task priorities; evaluating results; problem solving; and coordinating with others.
- Necessary to participate in continuing education as appropriate.
- Commitment to quality and following SPH and department standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, collaborative, cheerful, caring, and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Skills in understanding, explaining, teaching, selecting, developing and motivating people are critical.
- In-depth knowledge of the nursing discipline in combination with a high level of general knowledge of hospital operations is required.
- Ability to plan and organize and to communicate effectively is essential.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making, and problem-solving is vital.
- Position requires person who has good leadership, organization and teambuilding skills and a commitment to quality of care.
- Part Time Position: 24 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (.3 FTE)
One night per week and one night every third weekend
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.