Human Resources Generalist - Payroll (Full Time)
Title: Human Resources Generalist
FTE: 1.0 (40 hourrs/week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
On Call Requirements: N/A
Responsible for general human resource management functions for Sauk Prairie Healthcare. This position will function as part of an HR team to manage and administer the human resources function, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, payroll, and policy administration.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the HR initiatives to help improve the employee experience, including performing routine administrative tasks to execute human resource programs such as compensation, payroll, benefits, and leaves of absence.
- Maintains policies and procedures, employee records, and regulatory compliance with local, state and federal employment laws, benefit laws, and regulations.
- Manages recruitment, job descriptions, job postings, background and license checks, and pre-hire activities for assigned departments.
- Coordinates and provides new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs.
- Answers employee/applicant questions and addresses concerns, including recruitment, benefits, payroll, employee relations, employee safety, policies, wellness and health.
- Recommends new approaches and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Respond to various inquiries from staff and others from outside the facility, both in person and on the telephone.
- Assist employees and leaders in policy interpretation and application throughout the organization to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Keep up to date on governmental regulations and reporting requirements affecting company policies and human resource practices to include EEO, OSHA, ERISA, and wage and hour regulations.
- Responsible for developing correspondence, reports, newsletters, graphs and flow charts, brochures and surveys. Completes employment verifications.
- Process new employee requisition forms for designated areas and ensures the appropriate paperwork is completed prior to a position being posted.
- Post job openings and develop external advertisements, including social media and professional organization websites.
- Perform required reference and background checks. Prepare/process all employee paperwork for new hires, existing, and terminating employees.
- Track applicants and communicate with them regarding status and/or outcome of their application. Handle phone inquiries about SPH job openings.
- Facilitate promotions, demotions, and transfers and processes necessary changes in position/salary.
- Coordinate starting compensation with hiring authority and make job offers.
- Schedule and coordinate new employee orientation. Participate in coordination and presentation of HR portion of orientation for new hires.
- Arrange for new employee pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Maintains regular communication with hiring authorities on status of assigned recruitments. Communicate any employee concerns or issues to supervisor.
- Process payroll including working with Directors in auditing timecards, enter corrections from previous pay periods. Print checks, stuff and seal envelopes.
- Record payroll summary for taxes and Flexible Benefits on the T-Drive.
- Audit and process W-2’s in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Process garnishments, levies, military and jury duty adjustments. Includes processing proper paperwork to appropriate institution or person. Mail all checks with the proper documentation to vendors.
- Attend meetings regarding procedures and administration of payroll policies and/or time and attendance. Answer questions from management and employees.
- Answer questions and provide all necessary documentation to external auditors and other agencies when needed.
- Conduct new employee orientation on payroll policies and procedures. Discuss time and attendance, direct deposits, payroll schedule. Instruct new employees on timecard edits and approval.
- Research issues, contact software vendors for time, attendance and payroll systems and follow through to resolution.
- Work with Finance Department with respect to concerns/issues with payroll and HR data, reconciliation of accounts, etc.
- Administer health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Manage annual open enrollment period during 3rd quarter of each year. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for on-site representation by providers.
- Process monthly billings from insurance providers. Review billings for accuracy, code and submit for payment. Resolve discrepancies with carriers. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Assist with design, administration and communication of benefit plans. Meets with new employees to explain benefit options and handle their enrollments in all benefits, i.e. health, dental, life, disability, deferred tax annuity plan, and flexible benefit plan.
- Provide clear and accurate answers to employee inquiries about benefits and assist them in making necessary changes as the result of marriage, birth, dependent change, termination, loss of benefit coverage through spouse, etc. in accordance with applicable plan requirements and state and federal regulations. Explain COBRA benefit options to employees who terminate their employment.
- Serves as the COBRA Administrator for company. Administer COBRA paperwork to include providing notices to employees, collecting payments, and following up on applications.
- Act as liaison between benefit plan providers, SPH, and employees.
- Communicate any employee concerns or issues to Human Resources Vice President.
- Coordinate benefits applicable to leave of absences including completion of appropriate paperwork. Determine eligibility for leave and ensure that all leaves are handled consistently, fairly, and according to federal and state guidelines.
- Administer short and long-term disability applications and coordinate with insurance carrier. Ensure payments are issued timely and accurately to employees. Bill and track missed premiums for insurance from those out on disability.
- Administer workers compensation program including following up with reported incidents, filing with the insurance carrier, working with directors on light duty and return to work, and act as a liaison between employee and WC carrier. Prepare annually the OSHA 200 log.
- Serve as a member of the Environment of Care Committee and prepare the necessary trending and quarterly reports on employee incidents.
- Process tuition reimbursement application requests and ensure appropriate paperwork is completed, approved and processed in a timely manner.
- Provide data and ensure completion of nondiscrimination testing for the retirement plan and flexible spending account.
- Provide data to appropriate accounting firm and/or third-party administrator and ensure completion of 5500’s for all benefits plans at SPH in a timely manner.
- Develops and prepares periodic reports which show year-to-date comparative data for efficiency of processes, expense management and other relevant statistics.
- Responsible for data entry, developing charts/graphs, and writing reports.
- Complete wage and benefit surveys.
- Make recommendations around needed market-driven or salary structure changes.
- Maintain Compensation Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Serve as a technical point-of-contact for the HRIS system, time and attendance system, and performance management system, and the online recognition program.
- Maintain the HRIS system, time and attendance system, and performance management system, and the online recognition program.
- Responsible for creating and testing new or updated functionality in the HRIS system, time and attendance system, and performance management system, and the online recognition program.
- Enter new hires into HRIS system.
- Create reports from various HRIS systems as requested.
- Process upgrades, service packs, and technical advisories to the time and attendance system.
- Perform employee imports into HRIS system, performance management system, and recognition program.
- Create form templates in the performance management system.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, or Public Administration
- Required: One to three years human resources experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.