Title: LPN – River Valley Clinic
FTE: 0.90 FTE (36 hours/week)
Schedule: 7:30am-4:00pm Monday, 9:30am-4:00pm Tuesday, 7:30am-4:00pm Wednesday, 7:30am-5:00pm Thursday, 7:30am-5:00pm Friday
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the physician or other designated licensed staff, provides routine patient care in an ambulatory setting. The LPN is able to work as part of a team and perform both clinical and administrative duties. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, sterilization of medical instruments and administering medications as directed by provider or designee. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records and filling out insurance forms/paperwork.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage patient flow and performs patient rooming.
- Perform or assists with department procedures.
- Demonstrates and understands sterile and aseptic techniques. Uses appropriate techniques in setting up or assisting with procedure.
- Assist medical provider with processing of diagnostic results.
- Administer medications by all routes excluding intravenous infusion. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques, recognizes and reports effects and side effects of medication, and instructs patient appropriately. May initiate maintenance IV solutions only (see sect. 5a).
- An LPN may initiate adult IV therapy using maintenance IV solutions under the direct supervision of a RN, physician or advanced practitioner in designated areas. Formal training must be completed and demonstrated annual competencies documented within the designated department prior to initiating IV therapy.
- Screen telephone calls related to patient care.
- Obtain appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Consult with an RN or medical provider regarding situations outside of established protocols.
- Reinforce the teaching protocols established by the RN or medical provider and provides basic health care instruction.
- Perform delegated nursing or medical acts beyond basic nursing care under the direct supervision of the RN/medical provider.
- Manage patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows as requested.
- Collect laboratory samples.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- Participate in site process improvement teams.
- Cross train and staff other clinics as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1 to 3 years of experience in a health care setting, ideally in a medical clinic
- Required: State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) – within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance