MA - Medical Assistant - Wisconsin Heights Clinic (Full Time)
Title: Certified Medical Assistant – Wisconsin Heights Clinic
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Mondays - Friday, variable hours between 7:15AM - 5:00PM
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Medical Assistant, under the direction of the physician or other designated licensed staff, provides routine patient care in an ambulatory setting. The MA is able to work as part of a team and perform both clinical and administrative duties. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, sterilization of medical instruments and administering medications as directed by provider or designee. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records and filling out insurance forms/paperwork.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows.
- Demonstrates and understands infection control, sterile and aseptic techniques. Uses appropriate techniques in setting up or assisting with procedure.
- Enters and processes all orders (e.g. diagnostic, office procedures) and assists in the scheduling of procedures.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results.
- Administers medications by all routes excluding intravenous infusion. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques, recognizes and reports effects and side effects of medication, and instructs patient appropriately.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information and relays it to medical provider or nurse in a timely manner.
- Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves equipment and instruments in preparation for sterilizations per infection control policies and procedures.
- Check inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Provides patient education only under the direction of medical provider or nurse.
- Performs delegated MD/Nursing acts commensurate with education, training, competency and experience.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Collect laboratory samples.
- Depending upon location and/or department may be responsible for basic computer scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and coordination of appointments.
- Assists in emergency situations. Cross train and staff other clinics as needed.
- Participates in site process improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) within 3 months of appointment.
- Preferred: Certification by one of the following national examination agencies:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA); or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) - National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); or Clinical Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) - National Healthcare Association (NHC)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.