Maintenance/Mechanic - Hospital (Full Time)
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
FTE: Full time (1.0 FTE)
Schedule: PM hours, from 2:00pm - 10:30pm
On Call Requirements: Rotating call schedule
Perform daily rounds and preventive maintenance on equipment throughout the facility. Basic maintenance and repair all major HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), plumbing systems, emergency generators and fire protection systems. Identify and calibrate a variety of computer based digital control systems. Support the department and facilities in the areas of on-call reliability, security response and 24/7 emergency coverage.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in operation of high and low-pressure steam boilers, including piping, valves, pumps, gas train and back-up fuel systems.
- Assist in operation and maintenance the following SPH systems:
- heating hot water and domestic hot water boiler
- computerized energy management system
- fire protection systems
- emergency generators
- major air handling systems.
- direct expansion and chilled water cooling systems
- medical and control air compressors and air dryers
- main vacuum system and back-up vacuum system
- plumbing systems, including thread pipe, sweat copper piping, pumps, etc.
- Trouble shoot electrical motors, contactors, relays, overloads, fuses, etc.
- Move furniture, desks, files, table.
- Paint walls, doors, trim, etc.
- Hang doors, mount closers.
- Handle disposal of hazardous waste and materials being recycled.
- Provide security for persons and SPH property.
- Respond to disaster or crisis situations.
- Operate snow removal equipment.
- Repair hospital equipment such as wheelchairs, beds, etc.
- Comply with codes
- Conduct regular fire drills.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two years of technical or trade school
- Required: None
- Preferred: General maintenance duties, preferably in a hospital setting
- Required: Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license. The hospital has a responsibility to the communities it serves to ensure that employees who drive hospital vehicles have a safe driving record. A clean driving record is one with no more than one moving violation in the past three years.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Journeyman level certification or verified equivalent experience in building trades.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Click the link to apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6011132.careers?ShowJob=486939026