Manager - EHR Operations (Full Time)
Do You Belong Here?
We are seeking a Manager – EHR Operations with the desire to innovate to:
- Be responsible for the development and oversight of organization-wide electronic health information systems, including patient portals and health information exchanges (HIE). This position works closely with multi-disciplinary team to understand business requirements, technology options, and operational bandwidth. The Manager holds responsibility to ensure EHR systems are compliant with regulatory requirements. The Manager aligns Informatics with our organization strategies and process improvement initiatives. As oversight for the Health Information Management department.
- Be responsible for collaborating with the Chief Medical Information Officer and Director of Information Services to inform and support strategic initiatives, facilitating cross-functional projects collaboration with Information Governance, oversee the development and maintenance of the legal electronic health record.
- Participate in the assessments and recommendations of all EHR software and hardware solutions required to develop and maintain the legal electronic health records.
- Evaluate the standard content and data integrity of the legal medical record, including compliance with regulatory and accrediting agency standards.
- Work collaboratively with providers and hospital and clinic departments to ensure optimal EHR use, take full advantage of the features of the EHR for ultimate practice workflow and patient safety and drive clinical/operational improvements.
- Design processes and information flow that accommodate quality improvement and reporting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert relative to the necessary standards for supporting and building the EHR system for meeting patient care requirements, meaningful use, and public reporting of health data.
- Ensure that information management systems support current and future needs of the organization with respect to the electronic health record. Works closely with information technology in transition planning including, but not limited to, testing, installation, and education of staff to produce and maintain high quality data integrity.
- Ensure compliance with external agencies and state and federal regulations related to EHR.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for department managers, staff, physicians and administration for obtaining information or clarification on documentation standards, state and federal law, and regulatory requirements relating to Electronic Health Record.
- Develop and oversee processes for documenting, storing, and retrieving of medical information, and for processing medical and legal documents, and correspondence requests in conformance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to all users with issues related to protected health information capture, timeliness, accuracy, retention, security, access, and data integrity.
- Prepare and monitor the annual operating and capital budget for the EHR Operations and HIM Operations Depts.
- Development of departmental budgets for staffing, operations, and capital resources.
- Manage staff of department, including: hiring recommendations, performance management/evaluation, coaching/corrective action and other personnel actions necessary to maintain operational efficiency, employee engagement, and regulatory compliance.
As part of our team at Sauk Prairie Healthcare, you will experience:
- A respectful and collaborative work environment where patient safety and quality are our highest priorities.
- Market-competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package.
Minimum – High School diploma
Preferred – Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Health Information, Health Informatics, Information Technology, Healthcare Administration, business or related field.
Required – Three  years of experience supervising or leading/directing teams.
Preferred – Supervisory experience working in a health care environment or medical setting.
Required – None
Preferred – Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS)
Sauk Prairie Healthcare’s Locations – Sauk Prairie Healthcare has locations across southwest Wisconsin. Our Hospital Campus, Wellspring Campus and 3 surgical specialty practices are located in Prairie du Sac. Our primary care clinics are located in Mazomanie, Plain, Spring Green and Lodi.