Manager - Specialty Practices (Full Time)
Title: Manager – Specialty Practices
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Manager - Specialty Practices, under the direction of the Director - Specialty Practices, is responsible for providing overall leadership and management to the General Surgery, Urology and Wound Care practices. This position works collaboratively with physicians and staff to make sound decisions designed to ensure the provision of excellent patient care, customer service and clinical outcomes.
The Manager - Specialty Practices works with staff to plan, develop and implement changes to existing operational and health care processes to meet current and future clinic service’s needs. This position is accountable for directing, coordinating and planning patient care and business services functions and activities, which include; assuring that a high quality of patient care and satisfaction standards are achieved, adherence to established medical practice standards and proficiency, voice operations, reception, registration, scheduling, frontline patient services and accounts receivable, and physician scheduling protocol management. Responsible for clinician coordination and interaction to problem solve and address daily operational and workflow needs. Responsible for regulatory adherence, clinic compliance and minimizing legal risk as it pertains to daily operations.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Core Manager Responsibilities:
- Provides general oversight and coordination of daily operations of one or more departments.
- Assumes leadership role in establishing and achieving department goals.
- Assists in the development of new services lines and/or programs. Responsible for implementation and operationalization across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prepares project specific reports.
- Accomplishes daily department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities. Directly oversees and addresses daily operational needs, typically for multiple cost centers.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops and implements department workflow processes to increase efficiency, accuracy and decrease re-work.
- Assists with development of policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Conducts daily rounds on team members to ensure optimal workflow and addresses daily staffing needs
- Addresses department staffing assignments daily, ensuring optimal workflows are implemented. Evaluates staff workloads to ensure equitable distribution of work and to determine appropriate staffing levels
- Responsible for addressing human resource needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring, training and development, annual evaluations, etc.).
- Sets goals for individual team members that are in alignment with the department’s and organization’s goals. Holds personnel accountable for all activities outlined in their job descriptions, Service Excellence Standards, and other organizational requirements. Trains and onboarding new hires to make sure they understand their roles. Communicates job expectations.
- In consultation with supervisor, coaches, counsels, and applies corrective action to employees as needed.
- Works directly with staff to maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies
- Works directly with staff to maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.
- Actively reviews staff use of materials, equipment, etc. and provides feedback to staff to ensure best use of resources.
- Interprets and explains policies from leaders to staff. Function as a liaison between physicians, administration and staff.
- Participate in developing and monitoring assigned budgets. Analyze budget reports monthly to identify and correct for variances. Identify and implement cost containment programs to be fiscally responsible.
- Serve on organizational committees as assigned.
- Occasionally provides services at the staff level during periods of staffing instability
- Coordinates with upper management, administration, medical staff and other clinic personnel in the monitoring of medical activities to ensure the fulfillment of the communities needs for quality care.
- Ensures compliance with surgical and/or specialty clinic regulations and guidelines.
- Work to ensure that quality programs can be met through use of SPH data systems.
- Manages patient concerns/grievances for multiple assigned area(s).
- EHR super user, serves as project manager for IS related initiatives in the clinic setting, provides proposals, formulates plan and engages in needed communication to staff and providers.
- Oversees the utilization of space so that resources are used to full capacity. Participates in the development of new space or the reutilization of current space.
- Monitors customer service activities including receiving, researching and performing service recovery for patients.
- Manages the change process, anticipating the need for change when possible.
- Engages in learning designed to gain the ability to understand and utilize both regional and national data related to clinical practice quality education and management.
- Works in conjunction with care delivery teams to improve the quality of care through the collection, analysis and use of data for improvement projects.
- Participates in the design and management of the care delivery model that ensures all providers and staff are working to their highest level of training, education, licensure and/or certification.
- Responsible for the success of care delivery teams either through direct facilitation or mentoring of members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for the operational redesign of care delivery teams, including evaluation, standardization, and implementation of cost effective and efficient work for assigned clinic.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by analyzing patient satisfaction surveys, complaints, concerns, and suggestions. Ensures appropriate follow-through.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with providers and staff to effectively develop growth and operational work plans.
- Communicate through appropriate channels (phone, email, computers, etc.) to ensure integration of appropriate devices to support patients, providers and staff.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with related hospitals, clinics, community agencies and vendors to ensure delivery of innovative, high quality patient care.
- Monitors and develops new procedures and staff assignments to improve the quality and quantity of work processed.
- Responsible for staff engagement.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with regulatory requirements, including CMS, ACHC, HIPAA, OSHA, RHC.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field. Significant, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in health care administration or related field.
- Required: Five (5) years’ of experience working in a clinical, healthcare, insurance or other related setting. One (1) years’ of experience supervising or leading/directing teams.
- Preferred: Experience with a medical office practice, medical informatics, or process improvement. Registered nurse or other healthcare training experience.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Licensure in the state of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.