Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician (Full Time)POSITION SPECIFICSTitle: MT/MLT
FTE: 1.00 FTE (Full Time)
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 6:30pm
Holiday Rotation: 2-3 per year
Weekend Rotation: (1) 12-hour weekend shift every third week with two 12 hour and two 8 hour shifts during the week.
POSITION SUMMARYPerforms clinical laboratory testing which involves the application of sophisticated analytical knowledge in a wide range of clinical laboratory areas including Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Coagulation, and Phlebotomy.
Medical Technologist: Performs the tasks of a Medical Technologist to help the physician in diagnosis and treatment of the patient. Assumes responsibility for the coordination, direction, and quality assurance/control of a given area and/or equipment. Recommends policies and procedures necessary to accomplish goals of the department. Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, the Medical Technologist is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely laboratory tests, collection of specimens, quality control, maintenance of equipment, and troubleshooting problems that arise.
Medical Lab Technician: Under the general supervisor of the Laboratory Director the Medical Laboratory Technician I is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely laboratory tests, collection of specimens, quality control, maintenance of equipment and troubleshooting problems that arise.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects blood samples using proper techniques on infant, pediatric, adult, geriatric and impaired patients.
- Verifies patient identification and maintains specimen identification according to SOP’s.
- Processes all specimens collected and received in the Laboratory with accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares paperwork and specimens to be routed to reference laboratories for all testing not performed on site.
- Documents discrepancies, utilizing appropriate tools, alerts laboratory director.
- Documents comments/complaints, alerts lab director.
- Able to assess the developmental needs of patients from infant to geriatric and adjusts care and instructions appropriately.
- Uses the appropriate communication and customer relation skills while delivering lab services to our customers including inpatients, outpatients, nursing home residents, physician offices, home care agencies, veterinary offices, etc.
- Performs various laboratory procedures on human and veterinary specimens in the fields of Chemistry, Urinalysis,
- Coagulation, Hematology, Immunohematology, Microbiology and Serology using manual, microscopic, and automated instrumentation.
- Performs testing per approved procedural directions, including instrument startup, quality control, and record keeping functions.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance on all instrumentation per established protocols, as scheduled.
- Maintains required continuing education for Medical Technologist.
- Implements troubleshooting and repair process for all quality control and instrument failures.
- Recognizes questionable instrument function or patient data and resolves problems prior to reporting patient results.
- Prepares and distributes laboratory reports to appropriate sites.
- Assists in reviewing, revising, writing policies and procedures.
- Participates in, or leads, departmental and/or organizational performance improvement activities
- Facilitates a clean and neat working environment.
- Ability to perform required computer functions related to one’s position utilizing the Laboratory Information System, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc…
- Assists with training of new employees and new procedures.
- Participates in special projects, either assigned or self-initiated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ??Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences from a four-year accredited program along with ASCP certification (or eligible). For ASCP certificate eligible staff, ASCP certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire date; or
- Associate degree as a Medical Lab Technician from a two-year accredited program along with 5 years of relevant hospital/reference laboratory experience and HEW/AMT or approved agency certification for classification as a MT; or
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college along with an associate degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician from a two-year accredited program and a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) ASCP certification upon appointment.
- MLT: Associate degree as a Medical Lab Technician or Laboratory Science from a two-year accredited program. Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology from a four-year accredited program is also qualified to work under the MLT job description.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: 3 years of relevant hospital or reference laboratory experience.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- MT or MLS certification by ASCP or the National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) required within 12 months of hire
- MLT possessing a HEW/AMT or approved agency certification for classification as a MT
- MLT with a MLS certification by ASCP
- MLT: Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) as a Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist or eligible for certification - within 12 months of hire date. Must meet minimum requirements of federal statutes required by CLIA 88 regulations as testing personnel upon appointment.
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.