MT/MLT - Laboratory TechnicianLaboratory TechnicianWe are seeking Laboratory Technician to:
- Perform clinical laboratory testing which involves the application of sophisticated analytical knowledge in a wide range of clinical laboratory areas including Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Coagulation, and Phlebotomy.
- Be responsible for the provision of accurate and timely laboratory tests, collection of specimens, quality control, maintenance of equipment and troubleshooting problems that arise.
- Associate degree as a Medical Lab Technician or Laboratory Science from a two-year accredited program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology from a four-year accredited program is also qualified to work under the MLT job description.
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) as a Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist or eligible for certification. Staff must obtain certification within 12 months of hire date.
- Must meet minimum requirements of federal statutes required by CLIA 88 regulations as testing personnel upon appointment.
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department to learn more.)
Collects blood samples using proper techniques on infant, pediatric, adult, geriatric and impaired patients.
- Verify patient identification and maintains specimen identification according to SOP’s.
- Processes all specimens collected and received in the Laboratory with accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare paperwork and specimens to be routed to reference laboratories for all testing not performed on site.
- Document discrepancies, utilizing appropriate tools and alerts.
- Document comments/complaints and alerts lab director.
- Able to assess the developmental needs of patients from infant to geriatric and adjusts care and instructions appropriately.
- Use the appropriate communication and customer relation skills while delivering lab services to our customers including inpatients, outpatients, nursing home residents, physician offices, home care agencies, veterinary offices, etc.
- Perform various laboratory procedures on human and veterinary specimens in the fields of Chemistry, Urinalysis, coagulation, Hematology, Immunohematology, Microbiology and Serology using manual, microscopic, and automated instrumentation.
- Perform testing per approved procedural directions, including instrument startup, quality control, and record keeping functions.
- Perform daily and weekly, maintenance on all instrumentation per established protocols, as scheduled.
- Ability to perform required computer functions related to one’s position utilizing the Laboratory Information System, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc…
- Maintain required continuing education for Medical Laboratory Technician
- Implement troubleshooting and repair process for all QC and instrument failures.
- Recognize questionable instrument function or patient data and resolves problems prior to reporting patient results.
- Prepare and distributes laboratory reports to appropriate sites.
- Per diem position consisting of a variable schedule based on department need (0.00 FTE)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.