Title: Nurse Navigator
FTE: 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week)
Schedule: Day shifts, variable hours
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
The Nurse Navigator’s primary function is to guide patients through the health care system by assisting with access to care challenges, developing relationships with service providers, tracking interventions, outcomes and follow-up. Educate patients and families on diagnosis and recommend treatment options including surgical interventions, procedures and ancillary tests, as indicated. Follow the patient throughout the continuum of care including post discharge follow up. Responsible for, assisting in program development, implementation, evaluation and marketing of program and services and staff education. Participate in community events, such as health fairs and outreach events.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide and support patients through the care continuum to ensure optimal access to healthcare resources within and external to the SPH system.
- Work to eliminate barriers to screening, diagnosis, treatment and supportive care.
- Serve as a primary contact for patients and their families seeking information and/or requesting services.
- Assist patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.
- Work closely with general surgeons, primary care providers and other healthcare professionals as the patient’s needs dictate. This includes services such as, but not limited to: wellness, nutrition counseling, diagnostics, surgery and/or follow-up care.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary planning meetings, develops concise patient summaries for use by the care team, and documents recommendations made utilizing standardized care protocols in accordance with nationally recognized care guidelines.
- Responsible for outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key healthcare practitioners and support staff across the healthcare system. This includes, but is not limited to: physicians, surgery and diagnostic staff, business services support staff, etc.).
- Facilitate appointments with specialists and support services within established service standards.
- Share data with SPH committees and other groups which demonstrate outcomes and performance improvement activities.
- Develop patient education programs and tools.
- Engage in continuous learning with an emphasis on assigned area(s) of service. Keeps up-to-date on new technologies.
- Work closely with marketing and public relations personnel to plans and coordinate community outreach events and public presentations and to market services in a variety of media, including social networking.
- Participate on committees, work groups and task forces as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Preferred: Master’s degree in healthcare-related field highly desirable.
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: Three to five years of experience in applicable service line.
- Preferred: Experience in marketing services and developing educational sessions desirable.
- Required: Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: None
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance