Nurse Practitioner - Lodi Clinic (Full Time)
Title: Nurse Practitioner – Lodi Clinic
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with a designated licensed Physician to provide health services, medical treatments and testing to patients in the Clinic. This position will occasionally treat patients on an outpatient basis in the Hospital, other SPH Clinics, or associated entities such as nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with other healthcare providers, arrange referrals, and provide psychosocial support to patients and their families, as needed.
- Collaborate with the member's provider team to monitor provider-based care and discharge planning at all levels of care in accordance with established criteria and make recommendations to improve such efforts where appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge of benefit plan design and care alternatives available in order to recommend services. Coordinates care in the spirit of team-based efforts around value-based care and quality initiatives.
- Maintains a source of accurate and appropriate education materials as an adjunct to counseling and education.
- Perform health assessments by interviewing patient and family members as appropriate.
- Perform physical examinations.
- Develop health/illness-related diagnoses.
- Develop medical and nursing plan of care.
- Educate patient and/or family care giver regarding patient's health care needs.
- Perform simple surgical procedures, i.e., suturing, incision and drainage, removal of skin lesions and foreign bodies.
- Coordinate care through collaboration with physician supervisor.
- Provide telephone triage and treatment as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient visits.
- Assist in developing team goals to support SPH mission and strategic plan.
- Coordinate and encourage the integration of the Clinics with their community through effective communication and public relations. Assist in identifying community needs and gain community supports. Assist in coordination of Clinic advertising and marketing.
- Serve as patient advocate. Ensures patients are treated in a prompt and courteous manner and that their questions or concerns are handled promptly. Keeps Manager informed of any patient complaints/concerns.
- Keep current on coding and reimbursement guidelines impacting clinician documentation, Ensure all support equipment is operating properly.
- Assist in providing input and signing off on clinical protocols impacting direct patient care.
- Comply with all SPH policies and procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Required: Master or Doctorate degree from accredited Nursing Program.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1-3 years of Registered Nurse or Advanced Practice Provider experience in clinic setting highly desirable.
- Required: Valid State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) licenses; DEA registration
- Preferred: None
- Required: Certification as Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). BLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Preferred: Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE) highly desired
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.