Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Urgent Care
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Urgent Care
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant in our Urgent Care Department to:
- Provide health services and medical treatments to patients primarily in Urgent Care, but at times assists as needed in the Emergency Room.
Completion of an approved educational program for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
1-3 years of clinical experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State of Wisconsin License as a Nurse Practitioner (Family) or Physician Assistant
- Valid BLS certification required within 3 months of appointment.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for making decisions and solving problems.
- Requires extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of medical care.
- Ongoing education is critical.
- Errors in patient care/treatment may result in serious patient reaction or loss of goodwill.
- Good reading, writing and communication skills are a necessity.
- Spanish translation abilities would be helpful.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol testing and infection control are important.
- Commitment to quality and to following SPH and department standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Need skills in understanding, explaining, teaching, and motivating people.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential is vital.
- Must be able to deal with all ages of patients who are ill, in pain, confused, worried, or uncooperative by using excellent human relations skills.
- Able to present a professional, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers, and visitors.
- Ability to communicate well to explain procedures to patients.
- Full-time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.00 FTE)
- Variable schedule based upon dept. needs
- Hours weekday 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM, 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM weekend hours
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.