Nurse Practitioner - Urology
Nurse Practitioner – Urology
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner in our Urology Department to:
- Provide patient care throughout the Urology continuum
- Maintain expertise in assessment, diagnosis and treatment but focusing these skills toward Genitourinary symptom management and supportive care
- Assist the physician in all aspects of patient care, including examining patients, performing complex history and physicals, compiling medical data, administering or ordering diagnostic tests and interpreting test results
Completion of an approved educational program for Nurse Practitioner
1-3 years of clinical experience preferably in Urology
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State of Wisconsin License as an RN and Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner.
- Valid BLS certification required within 3 months of employment
- Certification as Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) required.
- DEA registration
- Certification by the Certification Board of Urologic Nurses and Associates required within 2 years of employment
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for making decisions and solving problems.
- Requires extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of medical care.
- Ongoing education is critical.
- Errors in patient care/treatment may result in serious patient reaction or loss of goodwill.
- Good reading, writing and communication skills are a necessity.
- Spanish translation abilities would be helpful.
- Knowledge of infection control is important.
- Must be familiar with all SPH and department standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Need skills in understanding, explaining, teaching, and motivating people.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential is vital.
- Must be able to deal with all ages of patients who are ill, in pain, confused, worried, or uncooperative by using excellent human relations skills.
- Assess health history and physical findings systematically.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal growth, development, and physiology.
- Identify common adult and pediatric genitourinary problems.
- Select appropriate treatment modalities for adult and pediatric urologic problems.
- Evaluate laboratory findings with respect to genitourinary conditions.
- Recommend appropriate pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic management approaches.
- Assess response to pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic therapies.
- Select diagnostic studies to evaluate genitourinary conditions.
- Apply the principles of nursing to the care of urologic patients.
- Formulate teaching plans to address genitourinary problems for patients, their families and the community.
- Evaluate interventions in relationship to desired outcomes, including quality improvement and care coordination.
- Correlate risk factors with specific urologic conditions.
- Full time position (1.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.