Occupational Therapist (Part Time)
Title: Occupational Therapist
FTE: 0.775 (31 hours per week)
Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm; Wednesday 8:00am -12:00pm; Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
On Call Requirements: N/A
Provide evaluation, establish an occupational therapy plan of care, and provide direct patient care to improve strength, coordination, range of motion and to decrease pain, in order to help patient develop, recover and improve the skills needed for daily living and working.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform age-specific assessments of patient needs including evaluation of cognitive, sensory, neuromuscular, functional and physiological status.
- Assess, plan, implement and revise as necessary, patient goals using objective tests and measurements, pain ratings and other professionally acceptable guidelines.
- Use test results for initiating or modifying treatment plans to meet the needs, abilities and goals of the patient.
- Utilize such procedures as carefully designed therapeutic exercise programs, muscle re-education, strengthening, balance, coordination, aquatic exercises, cardiovascular conditioning, manual therapy and education all in order to guide the patient in a program to restore patient's optimal mobility, independence and functional ability within patient's capabilities.
- Use knowledge of contraindications, indications and application of physical agents including, but not limited to, heat, cold, water, electrical, mechanical and such procedures as therapeutic, functional, progressive resistance, and manual therapy.
- Provide patients with fitting and training in the use of adaptive equipment and adaptive techniques.
- Provide written and verbal communication regarding patients' progress and response to treatment for referring physician, insurance carrier and necessary billing/coding personnel.
- Instruct and educate members of patient's family or other caregivers to facilitate home programs, treatment objectives, safety precautions and risk factors.
- Maintain required medical records and documentation in accordance with SPH policy, department and HFAP/JC requirements.
- Assist with effective inpatient discharge planning with communication to PCC leader; encourage exchange of information and promote role of rehabilitation.
- Participate with the coordination, implementation, and supervision of students on clinical rotations.
- Maintain safe operation of all equipment and inform manager regarding needed repairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and safe/proper techniques of infection control, safety, hazard and emergent procedures established by SPH.
- Attend all mandatory Hospital in-services and maintain BLS certification.
- Attend appropriate continuing education programs to continually improve the quality of skills delivered, and to maintain or advance individual competency.
- Participate, plan, develop and implement department strategic initiatives.
- Provide departmental in-service education as requested.
- Required: Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from a fully accredited Occupational Therapy Program; Continuing education necessary to keep abreast of developments in the field of occupational therapy.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: 6 months to 1-year experience desirable
- Required: State of Wisconsin Occupational Therapy License
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) – within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.