Patient Financial Specialist
We are seeking a Patient Financial Specialist to:
- Work closely with patients as a resource for account questions.
- Be responsible for all financial interactions with patients who present at the Patient Service Center, including self-pay account collection and follow-up, payment plans, processing community care applications, and monitoring collection activities.
- Register any patients who are not preregistered.
- Be responsible for keeping abreast of statutes and legal regulations that could affect collection of receivables.
- Personal interactions must balance the financial requirements of the organization with compassion for individual circumstances, while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department to learn more.)
- Background in a health care environment or financial setting is highly desirable.
- One to three years of customer service experience required.
- General office experience with strong customer interaction will be considered.
- Work is complex and varied and has impact on SPH financial results.
- Errors may result in serious consequences involving financial loss.
- Strong knowledge of medical billing/collection practices and business office procedures, which is generally learned through prior experience in Medical Billing.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding insurance medical billing.
- General math skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to show sensitivity and patience in dealing with patients or their family members, who may be confused and/or having difficulty in understanding their account.
- Ability to handle stressful, emotionally charged situations with professional equilibrium.
- Ability to problem solve, and knowledge of consumer protection laws and marital property laws helpful.
- Ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others confidential is essential.
- Need to be a good team member and to possess excellent communication skills.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.00 FTE)
- Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.