Phlebotomy Technician - Full Time (40 hrs per week)A Phlebotomy Technicians primary function is the collection of blood samples from patients by venipuncture or micro techniques. The Phlebotomy Technician performs a variety of laboratory tests in the laboratory setting.
- Maintains a compassionate environment for patient care.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment
- Drawing blood from patients
- Assembles equipment (such as needles, blood collection devices, gauze, tourniquet, cotton, and alcohol)
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor
- Converses with patients to allay fear of procedure
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates vein, swabs area with disinfectant, and inserts
needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube. (May also prick finger instead of inserting needle.)
- Labels and stores blood container for processing
- Tracks collected specimens
- Performs collected specimens
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment
- Performs data entry
- Promptly provides blood drawn and basic lab testing on assigned patients based on orders
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions to Lab Supervisor in a timely manner
- Communicates with patients, providers, x-ray and lab and nursing staff
Phlebotomy Certification or will train the right person.