Physical Therapist - River Valley (Part Time)
Title: Physical Therapist
FTE: 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday/Thursday, 9:00AM - 5:30PM, Wednesday/Friday, 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Holiday Rotation: Approximately 1 per year
Weekend Rotation: Approximately once every 8 weeks, done at the hospital (not the River Valley Clinic)
On Call Requirements: None
The physical therapist provides direct patient care with physical therapy treatments to restore patients to optimal mobility and function, strength, balance, coordination, and range of motion, and to decrease pain.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform age-specific assessments of patient needs including evaluation of cognitive, sensory, neuromuscular, functional and physiological status.
- Assess, plan, implement and revise as necessary, patient goals using objective tests and measurements, pain ratings and other professionally acceptable guidelines.
- Uses test results for initiating or modifying treatment plans to meet the needs, abilities and goals of the patient.
- Guides the patient in a program to restore patient's optimal mobility, independence and functional ability within patient's capabilities. Utilizes such procedures as carefully designed therapeutic exercise programs, muscle re-education, strengthening, balance, coordination, aquatic exercises, cardiovascular conditioning, manual therapy and education.
- Uses knowledge of contraindications, indications and application of physical agents including, but not limited to, heat, cold, water, electrical, mechanical and such procedures as therapeutic, functional, progressive resistance, and manual therapy
- Provide patients with fitting and training in the use of adaptive equipment and adaptive techniques.
- Provide written and verbal communication regarding patients' progress and response to treatment for referring physician, insurance carrier and necessary billing/coding personnel.
- Instruct and educate members of patient's family or other caregivers to facilitate home programs, treatment objectives, safety precautions and risk factors.
- Maintain required medical records and progress reports in accordance with SPH policy, department and HFAP/JC requirements.
- Assist with effective inpatient discharge planning with communication at PCC meetings encourage exchange of information and promote role of rehabilitation.
- Participate with the coordination, implementation, and supervision of students on clinical rotations.
- Maintain safe operation of all equipment and inform manager regarding needed repairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and safe/proper techniques of infection control, safety, hazard and emergent procedures established by SPH.
- Attend all mandatory Hospital in-services and maintain BLS certification.
- Attend appropriate continuing education programs to continually improve the quality of skills delivered, and to maintain or advance individual competency.
- Participate, plan, develop and implement department strategic initiatives.
- Provide departmental in-service education as requested.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy from a fully accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Preferred: Doctoral or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a fully accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Six Months to one year experience
- Required: State of Wisconsin Physical Therapy License
- Preferred: None
- Required: Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.