Registered Nurse (RN)
Provides direct physical and psychological care and support to patients. Plans, organizes and performs total nursing care functions within the policies and procedures of Prairie Clinic.
1. Establishes a compassionate environment for patient care.
2. Maintains safe and clean working environment.
3. Provides individualized nursing care to assigned patients based on application of scientific principles, nursing standards and Prairie Clinic policies and procedures.
4. Prepares patients for physician consult or exam.
a. Takes medical histories.
b. Records vital signs.
c. Explains treatment procedures to patients.
5. Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
6. Maintains standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting of pertinent information in a timely manner.
7. Prepares, administers and records medications and IV solutions skillfully and correctly
8. Assists with or performs treatments/procedures as directed.
9. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.
10. Maintains medical supplies inventory and equipment – assuring equipment is in optimal conditions and ready for use.
11. Makes referral calls and appointments. Notifies patients.
12. Assists as directed with follow up calls and letters, informing patients of lab results.
13. Participates in emergency care.
14. Participates in telephone triage.
15. Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as well as the review and revision of existing policies and procedures.
16. Supports and enforces all Prairie Clinic policies, procedures, and guidelines for care.
17. Constructively participates in appropriate committees as assigned.
18. Participates in orientation and in-service training for medical staff personnel including safety education and drills.
19. Maintains up to date professional and technical knowledge and nursing skills.
20. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams.
21. Must be willing to work evenings, and weekends as assigned.
22. Attends training sessions as requested and / or desired for knowledge and expertise.
23. Participates in Prairie Clinic safety education, procedures, and drills.
24. Understands and follows all Prairie Clinic employee policies.
25. Participates in other assigned duties as designated by the Patient Care Coordinator or Clinic Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Registered nurse (RN) with valid license.
- BLS certified.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of the philosophy of principles of general nursing care.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to communicate Health Promotion/Maintenance as described by the Board of Directors.
- Maintains a professional, courteous demeanor when dealing with patients, providers, other employees, the public and other outside agencies.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping all information confidential. Abides by all HIPAA regulations.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Entry level computer and keyboarding skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $29.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sauk City, WI 53583: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with valid license and BLS certified (Required)
Work Location: In person
Apply at: https://www.prairieclinic.com/careers