Registration Specialist - Lodi Clinic
Registration Specialist – Lodi Clinic
We are seeking a Registration Specialist at our Lodi Clinic to:
- Provide exceptional customer service by serving as the frontline ambassador of service between the patient and the clinic.
- The Registration Specialist ensures a positive patient experience from the time a patient accesses the system.
- High school diploma required
- One year of customer service, reception or business experience (prefer 2-3 years)
- Previous healthcare experience in a medical clinic experience preferred
- None required
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Immediately welcome patients and their family members on the phone and in person with a warm greeting. Use the patient’s name throughout the encounter, make eye contact and close every encounter warmly.
- Answer the telephone within 20 seconds (4 rings) and use the appropriate greeting to include: the clinic, your name and an offer to assist.
- Use professional and courteous language, and maintain a positive tone in every encounter with both external and internal customers. Actively listen to patients to best meet their needs, while showing empathy.
- Keep patients informed of any delays in the process.
- Take responsibility for the encounter and received calls, including transfers to internal departments.
- Strive to understand and meet the needs of the patient when multi-tasking, switch gears quickly when checking in, collecting payments, scheduling, rescheduling, coordinating multiple appointments and canceling appointments.
- Schedule appointments for patients by following individual provider protocols and workflows to ensure accuracy in scheduling.
- Ensure that each patient is scheduled with the appropriate provider based on the reason for their visit.
- Verify patient information and demographics upon check-in.
- Enter complete, accurate phone messages in the computer and send to appropriate clinical staff.
- Maintain daily and future provider resource schedules, including schedule maintenance requests (i.e. opening, closing or changing a schedule) to ensure the provider is scheduled for the correct location and time.
- Complete consult referrals and informs patient of those appointments.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.00 FTE)
- Weekdays between 7:15 am – 5:15 pm
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.