Registered Nurse – Acute Care
We are seeking a Registered Nurse in Acute Care to:
- Provide quality, professional, general nursing care to patients.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating patient care for a group of patients on the unit.
- Must adapt appropriately to changes in daily assignments, patient status changes, and unit needs.
- Responsibilities include following all standards, practices, policies and procedures of unit and SPH.
- Associates Degree in Nursing Required
- BSN required within 5 years from date of appointment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- RNs providing care to progressive care level patients must have previous ICU/PACU or Critical Care experience or have completed SPH’s PC Mentorship program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License is required upon hire
- BLS certification required within 3 months of hire
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 1 year of hire
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks which require independent judgments such as setting task priorities; evaluating results; problem solving; and coordinating with others.
- Must be able to utilize critical thinking skills to organize nursing care and incorporate the nursing process when problem solving.
- Commitment to quality and to following SPH and department standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to communicate well and to explain procedures to patients.
- Skills in decision-making, problem-solving, good judgment and a broad knowledge of general nursing are required.
- Skill in understanding, explaining, teaching and motivating people.
- Must be proficient in EKG analysis.
- Ability to take call as needed based upon the organization’s needs.
- Full time position consisting of 72 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.9 FTE)
- Variable nights 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
- Per diem position consisting of a variable schedule based on department need (0.00 FTE)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.