Title: RN – Plain Clinic
FTE: Per Diem
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
Provide assessment and treatment of patients, providing quality, professional nursing care, and assisting medical provider with medical procedures as requested.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Performs nursing procedures, including therapeutic phlebotomies and allergy injections.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider’s attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
- Assists medical provider with procedures as requested.
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the
- implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to
- individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
- Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions –
- Keeping patient focused.)
- Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
- Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, critical thinking skills, protocols, and standing orders.
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs
- and unlicensed personnel.
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using
- emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows as requested.
- Collect laboratory samples.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information.
- Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies &
- procedures are followed.
- Leads and participates in site process and policy improvement teams.
- Cross train and staff other clinics as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1 – 3 years of experience as a nurse in a healthcare setting, ideally in medical clinic
- Required: State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance