Registered Nurse – Surgery and Surgery Center
We are seeking a registered nurse to:
- Care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. Under general supervision.
- Deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, in accordance with established philosophy.
- Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing.
- Provide care and support to patients before, during and after surgery and assist the surgeon and the surgical team in their tasks.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Associate Degree in Nursing required
- BSN required within 5 years from date of appointment
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 3 months of employment.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) desirable
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6 months of employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- 3-5 years of Preoperative, Intraoperative and/or Postoperative patient care preferred
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks which require independent judgments such as setting task priorities; evaluating results; problem solving; and coordinating with others.
- Necessary to participate in continuing education as appropriate in order to maintain a current knowledge base and skill level.
- Commitment to quality and to following SPH and department standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to communicate well and to explain procedures to patients.
- Advanced skills in critical thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, and assessment.
- Skills in decision-making, problem-solving, good judgment and a broad knowledge of general nursing is required.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.0 FTE)
- 8 Hours shifts Monday through Friday
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.