Title: Registered Nurse – Wound Care
FTE: 1.00 (40 hours/week)
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
Provide assessment and treatment of patients, providing quality, professional nursing care, and assisting medical provider with medical procedures as requested.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide wound care services to patients including: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Provide efficient and effective care in consultation with and guidance of the provider during the clinic sessions.
- Secures information and collaborates with the healthcare team regarding the medical plan of care and previous health care experiences
- Notes progress in meeting defined outcomes on multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Evaluates and documents patient response to prescribed interventions.
- Completes delegated patient and family teaching including providing patient and family with information about unit and hospital policies, procedures, and provisions for self-care and participation in decision-making.
- Elicits patient and family participation in care in keeping with physiological and psychological readiness.
- Instructs the patient and/or family on subjects such as disease process, risk factors, and prevention of complications to help them plan for care in the hospital and after discharge following prescribed teaching plans.
- Anticipates from present evidence, nursing and/or medical problems which may arise and initiates preventive measures.
- Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management, and acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care.
- Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care center providers, Program Director and Medical Director, regarding clinic and patient needs.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider’s attention. Assists medical provider with procedures as requested.
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the
- implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to
- individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
- Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions – Keeping patient focused.)
- Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, critical thinking skills, protocols, and standing orders.
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs
- and unlicensed personnel.
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using
- emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows as requested.
- Collect laboratory specimens
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and community information.
- Participates in site process and policy improvement teams.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, protocols, standing orders, and quality initiatives
- Required: Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: 2 years of nursing experience Preferred:
- Preferred: 3-5 years of nursing experience with 2 or more years of wound care experience
- Required: State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 90 days of hire
- ACLS required within 1 year of hire
- Preferred: Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN). Critical care certification, Home Health, or Wound Care Certification
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance