RN - Surgical Associates (Full Time)
Title: RN – Surgical Associates
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, hours will vary between 8:00am-5:00pm
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
Provide assessment and treatment of general surgery patients, providing quality, professional nursing care, and assisting medical provider with medical procedures or performing those independently within the nursing scope of practice.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Performs nursing procedures, including therapeutic phlebotomies and allergy injections.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider’s attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
- Assists medical provider with procedures as requested.
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.?
- Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions – keeping patient focused.)
- Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
- Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, critical thinking skills, protocols, and standing orders.
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows as requested.
- Collect laboratory samples.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Establishes teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information. Provides education pre and post procedure.
- Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies & procedures are followed.
- Leads and participates in site process and policy improvement teams.
- Cross trains and staffs other clinics as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
- Performs other duties as required
- Participates in data collection, statistical reporting and outcomes.
- Required: Associates degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1 – 3 years as a nurse in a healthcare setting, ideally in a medical clinic
- Required: State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.