Unit Secretary – Acute Care
We are seeking a Unit Secretary in Acute Care to:
High school degree or equivalent
Previous experience in an office or clerical role desired
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid BLS certification required within 3 months from date of hire
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Perform administrative and clerical duties for Acute Care and ICU in order to maintain standards of care.
- Move patient flow forward, and keep departments running smoothly.
- Unit Secretaries in these departments must work closely and in collaboration with other clinical departments in the hospital.
- Must be familiar with, and committed to following, all SPH standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills for interacting with patients, visitors, providers, and staff.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional, accurate, courteous and timely manner.
- Courtesy, tact and ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic proficiency with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and keyboarding skills.
- Must have the ability to stay organized in a busy and demanding setting.
- Per diem position (0.00 FTE)
- Variable nights and days: 7:00 pm -7:00 am; 7:00 am -7:00 pm
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.