WiNC GME Consortium Program Coordinator
The WiNC GME Consortium Program Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for coordinating and performing administrative activities of the WiNC GME Consortium. This is a full-time position. The position will be based out of Wausau, WI, with telecommunity options.
Work includes policy updates, data collection from programs, assisting programs with IRIS reports, New Innovations, and affiliation and program letters of agreements, coordinating regional recruitment and faculty development activities
- Understands the purpose and functions of the Consortium
- Works with the WiNC Executive Director and Designation Institutional Official (DIO) to develop and maintain proposals, policies, and procedures related to the establishment of the Consortium
- Assists with the collection and coordination of membership fees and hospital pass-through funds for resident salary and benefits
- Coordinates Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) site visits and data collection
- Works with contracted human resources and payroll entities to provide information regarding the residents
- Assists with planning and implementation of resident orientation and other ACGME required sponsoring institution activities
- Assists residency programs with IRIS reports, New Innovations, program evaluations, and PLA agreements
- Assists the ED with developing the Regional Faculty Development Plan
- Assists the ED with the developing the Joint Recruitment Project Plan
- Communicates with regional medical college campuses and tracks
- Assists with the physician retention plans
- Attends Consortium meetings and takes minutes when called upon
- Assists with data gathering to support workforce development efforts
- Maintains files (both computer and non-computer) in an organized manner for easy access.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept and adapt to change.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines and balance meeting the varying needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Continuously search for methods to improve the quality of the services provided.
• Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
Education• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Experience• Minimum two years experience as a Residency Education Coordinator or other experience in undergraduate or graduate medical education setting.
• Ability to travel to in Wisconsin for required meetings. (Usually 2-3 times/month). Ability to travel 2-3 times/year to national conferences.
- Must have basic computer skills including use of a mouse and internet.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to prioritize work load and complete all tasks on time.
- Must have the ability to maintain a positive work environment.
- Must demonstrate a consistent ability to handle self in a professional manner.
The position requires an individual who is:
- Entrepreneurial, with a commitment to rural health and demonstrated collaborative and team-building skills.
- Able to analyze many variables and recommend the most effective course of action for each organization.
- Effective and professional communicator, in both verbal and written feedback.
- Willing to work both as a team member and as a team leader.
- Mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations. Must relate and interact with people at all levels in different organizations.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines and balance meeting the varying needs of multiple hospitals/clinics and other organizations.