Winery and Distillery Retail
We are searching for customer service focused individuals who appreciate wine, spirits, and food to join our retail team. Individuals in this position will conduct tastings, pour wine, mix cocktails, and share wine and spirit knowledge with our customers. This position will also operate cash registers, stock merchandise, and perform routine cleaning duties. Individuals in this position have an opportunity to expand their understanding of the wine and spirit making process and how wine and spirits pair with food.
Specific responsibilities and requirements include,
• Provide exceptional customer service with compassion, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
• Check customers identification to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consuming alcohol.
• Conduct wine or spirit tastings and pour beverages by the glass in the retail and Bistro serving area.
• Describe the wine and spirit making process and recommend foods, wines, and cocktails to customers.
• Operate the cash register with ability to manage transactions, money, and credit/debit card processing.
• Take orders and relay orders to Bistro Chef or Food Prep Assistant in the Bistro serving area.
• Place food and beverage servings on plates according to order or instructions.
• Practice suggestive selling to customers to promote Wollersheim Winery Inc. products, tours, and other merchandise available for sale.
• Move/stock/re-stock inventory as directed including wine, cooler item, displays, etc. at the direction of the Retail Manager.
• Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, glass washing, trash removal, recycling, restroom supplies and general cleanliness of the estate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience in a retail, restaurant, or customer service setting.
• Experience with registers and Point of Sales systems.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Knowledge of food safety and food and wine serving procedures.
• Knowledge of food and wine pairings.
• Knowledge of Winery and Bistro offerings.
• Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• High attention to detail.
This a part-time position working weekend and weekday shifts with some flexibility. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age, and have the ability to lift 40 lbs.