1st Shift CNC Operator Setup III
Summary Required to perform set up, instruct method of operation, maintain, troubleshoot, service all types of machinery and testing equipment in assigned area. Must be capable of locating tools, fixtures and other devices necessary for the assembly and testing of product in assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following.
1. Operation of hand or bench type power tools.
2. Operation of air and hydro testers.
3. Set up and tear down for job changeovers without assistance.
4. Must be able to disassemble and repair product.
5. Coordinate workflow of materials and work orders through assigned area.
6. Must be able to instruct assemblers in assigned area as to proper assembly and test methods.
7. Must have detailed knowledge of PRMS as it applies to assigned area functions.
8. Maintain cleanliness of assigned area in a prescribed manner.
9. Complete and process stock movement forms, create labels and other applicable indirect operations.
10. Must be able to set up and troubleshoot all machinery and testing equipment in assigned area.
11. Must be able to operate forklift.
12. Must be able to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
13. Must have detailed knowledge of warehousing operations. The ability to analyze and correct inventory errors.
14. Must have good leadership and communication skills.
Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Requirements To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work and the work of assemblers and testers in assigned area to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Assures that co-workers are using proper safety equipment.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management directions; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be experienced in the setup and operation of all machinery in assigned area.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to analyze and comprehend work orders. Must have mechanical aptitude.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Requires good manual dexterity. Must be able to move hands and arms freely and reach for objects above eye level.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.