1st Shift CNC Operator Setup III
Summary: The CNC Setup III will perform independent operation of various CNC machines to include but not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines, will maintain machine operations, perform independent tool changes and set-up without assistance of various CNC machines, will also have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven programs to obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types.
The individual will be responsible for continuous development and honing of their own skills and abilities. They will have the ability to and be required to learn new equipment and processes also will be responsible for verification of information and documentation of part processes.
The CNC Setup III will have ability to read, comprehend and interpret work instructions and blueprints including GD&T. Individual will have ability to interpret program movements and make program edits and perform minor programming. Individual will also perform inspection of machined parts by the use of micrometers, calipers, and fixed gauges and other various measuring instruments.
Training others of these skills also required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following and are required for possible advancement:
- Independent operation of various types of CNC machines to include but not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- The ability to instruct others in safe machining practices
- The ability to instruct others in the operation and set up of various types machines.
- Comprehension of verbal and written instructions and ability to carry out those instructions.
- Requires a working knowledge of blueprint interpretation and of specifications including GD&T.
- Requires the ability to use technical data and apply to machining application such as SFM, RPM, IPM, IPR and chip load etc..
- Require the ability to work and interact well with others.
- Requires a working knowledge and the ability to use micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
- Will have the ability to cycle through proven and unproven programs, make program edits and obtain first article without assistance on multiple machine types.
- Ability to perform machine programming.
- Requires routine maintenance of machines including oil and lubrication.
- Maintain cleanliness in a prescribed manner.
- Personal measuring and hand tools are required, list will be provided at time of interview, employee evaluation or upon request.
- Work subject to final inspection and assessment.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements:
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in allotted time; Strives to increase productivity and accuracy; Works quickly.
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and present at his/her workstation and ready to begin working at their scheduled time.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions. Demonstrates a consistently solid performance in all aspects of his/her work.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum Three years related experience and training; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Individual will have the ability to write routine reports, correspondences and instructions, also the ability to speak effectively.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to calculate such things as percentages, area, circumference, and angles. Ability to use and apply algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal effectively with routine problems and situations
Physical Demands the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand or walk 100% of the shift. Frequent bending and lifting 30-40 lb. unassisted and up to 70lbs occasionally with or without assistance.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.