1st Shift Machining Coordinator/Relief Supervisor
Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a 1st Shift Machining Coordinator/Relief Supervisor to join our Prairie Du Sac, WI team in Department 055. We are proud to offer a $1,000 sign-on bonus paid after successful completion of the orientation period.
The regular scheduled hours for this position are 7:00AM - 3:30PM, Monday through Friday with overtime eventually becoming required. When overtime is required, either 1 or 2 hours would be added to the beginning or end of the regularly scheduled shift.
Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary - The Machining Coordinator / Relief Supervisor is to have extensive knowledge of all manufacturing requirements of the department as communicated by the department Manager/Supervisor. In the absence of the Manager/Supervisor the Machine Shop Coordinator Relief Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all production requirements are met during the
assigned work shift.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Training operators to adjust and set-up of various types of machines where setup has not been completed.
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Operator will perform, under the direction of the Machine Shop Coordinator Relief Supervisor set-ups and the inspection of machined parts by the use of micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges, and other appropriate measuring devices.
- Machining Coordinator / Relief Supervisor will assume the responsibility for 1st Piece Approvals.
- In addition to above average organizational skills the Machine Shop Coordinator Relief Supervisor must demonstrate a proficiency in math and computer skills.
- Individual must be willing to attend extra training or schooling necessary to keep current with manufacturing requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following:
- Requires the operation and vast working knowledge of various types of manual and CNC machines producing machined parts after setup has been completed.
- Requires ability to comprehend and communicate verbal/written instructions from Supervision and to co-workers.
- Requires ability to comprehend/interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Requires expert knowledge of micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
- Requires the ability to instruct in the processes of setups of all types of machines, removal/resetting of tooling under his supervision.
- Requires the ability to instruct operators in the routine maintenance of machines including oil and lubrication.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety throughout the department in a prescribed manner.
- Work subject to final inspection.
Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Requirements - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements and competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand or walk 100% of the shift. Frequent bending and lifting up to 30 pounds unassisted.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.