JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for production results of project bench in structural shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Bench Lead has knowledge of AWS D1.1 Structural Code Book, commonly used welding concepts, practices, and procedures and leads other structural staff to successfully fabricate structural steel projects through shop.
1. Perform structural layout; read and interpret prints, layout beam and column part locations.
2. Directly manage bench team to produce quality structural steel product; understand all McFarlane Mfg quality and safety procedures.
3. Must lead and act as strong part of Team; enforce company policies and procedures, lead by example.
4. Lead welding projects; follow weld marking requirements, ensure completed welds are of acceptable visual quality; share skillsets and instruct bench staff as needed.
5. Operate overhead cranes; teach crane safety.
6. Utilize resources to ensure efficient and timely completion of work.
7. Perform additional duties as requested.
8. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possess strong knowledge of layout, fitting and welding.
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills to lead and work well with others.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to meet demands of schedule which may require hours worked over 40 per week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; technical degree in welding, preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience welding and fabricating structural steel, preferred.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to lift, push, pull 50 lbs. Must wear all required PPE while in shop (safety glasses, ear protection, welding helmet) and will need to supply own safety shoes. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, twist, lean, squat and pull as necessary. Must be able to maneuver overhead crane. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is based upon on experience. Competitive benefits package includes payments towards group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k plus match, Paid Time Off, paid training, generous employee retail service center discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlane Mfg., Attn: HR, 1330 Dallas Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax), HR@mcfarlanemfg.com (email), or visit www.mcfarlanemfg.com for more information and to apply online.