CNC Setup I
Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a 1st Shift CNC Setup I to join our Prairie Du Sac, WI team in Department 301. This position starts at $21.57/hr and offers a $500 sign-on bonus paid after 6 months of continuous employment with the company.
The regular scheduled hours for this position are 7:00AM - 3:30PM, Monday through Friday with overtime eventually becoming a possibility or required. When working overtime, the shift is either 9 or 10 hours maximum.
Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary - The CNC Set-Up I person is responsible for independent operation and will maintain machine operations of various CNC machines to include but not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
Individual will perform full set-ups and cycle through proven / unproven programs to obtain first article without assistance on primary assigned machine(s).
Must demonstrate the ability to read, comprehend and interpret, work instructions, blueprints, and program movements. Individual will perform inspection of machined parts by the use of micrometers, calipers, fixed gauges and other various measuring instruments.
- Training others of these skills also required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the
following and are required for possible advancement:
- Operation of various types of CNC machines producing machined parts to include but
not limited to 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend verbal/written instructions.
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend/interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge and ability to use micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
- Maintaining operation of machine process.
- Perform independent removal and resetting of tooling.
- Perform full set ups on various 2, 3, 4, and 5 axis machines with little assistance.
- Perform full set-ups and cycle through unproven programs to obtain first article.
- Must provide factual information of proven processes in written form.
- Demonstrates ability to read and follow program movements.
- Requires routine maintenance of machines including oil and lubrication.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area and equipment in a prescribed manner.
- Personal measuring and hand tools are required, list will be provided at time of
interview, employee evaluation or upon request.
- Work subject to final inspection and assessment.
Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Requirements - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements and competencies.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in allotted time; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and present at his/her workstation and ready to begin working at their scheduled time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions. Demonstrates a consistently solid performance in all aspects of his/her work.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum Two years related experience and training; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, procedure and maintenance instructions / manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to communicate effectively.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to calculate such things as percentages, angles, feeds and speeds. Ability to use and apply algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal effectively with routine problems and situations.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand or walk 100% of the shift, frequent bending and lifting 30-40 lbs. frequently, unassisted.
70 lbs. occasionally, assisted or unassisted.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.