Electrical Mechanical Technician Trainee
Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a 3rd Shift Electrical/Mechanical Technician Trainee to join our Prairie Du Sac, WI team in Department 270. This position starts at $19.52 per hour. Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary: Troubleshoot and repair all types of foundry and shop machinery and equipment both Electrical & Mechanical. Perform preventive maintenance work. Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following.
- Perform maintenance work on all plant equipment, including various types of electrical repairs; maintain foundry and shop machinery, heating systems, foundry furnaces, compressors, electrical, plumbing, etc. with the help of qualified maintenance personnel.
- Require basic working knowledge of various types of trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with various repairs.
- Operate and use of various types of power tools, including but not limited to hand tools, welders, torches, and other types of various maintenance shop machinery with the assistance of qualified maintenance personnel..
- Rebuild or create parts for machinery for both the foundry and shop areas with assistance of qualified maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for performing duties specified in schedule as per instructions from supervisor.
- Safety awareness when working with all power tools, hand tools, and all other types of machinery in the plant and in the maintenance department.
- Work areas and equipment thru-out the shop must be maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition on a daily basic.
- Have some basic knowledge of blueprints, electrical schematics, and machine parts drawings.
- Must be able to work in all types of working conditions typically found in foundry and shop environments.
- Work with other maintenance personnel when required.
- Work is subject to final inspection.
- Must take training classes to understand and troubleshoot CNC controls and PLC controls. Also work with qualified maintenance personnel.
- Must take training classes for electrical wiring, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams. Also work with qualified maintenance personnel.
Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Requirements: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements:
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and present at his/her workstation or department and ready to begin working at their scheduled time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience- High school diploma; or 2 to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of supervisors or employees of organizations.
Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Stand or walk 100% of shift, frequent bending and lifting up to 30 – 40 lbs. frequently, unassisted. 70 lbs. occasionally, assisted or unassisted.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.