Grinder/Punch Press Trainee
Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a 2nd Shift Grinder/Punch Press Trainee to join our Prairie Du Sac, WI team in Department 500. This position starts at $17.78 per hour, plus an additional $0.50 an hour shift premium.
The regular scheduled hours for this position are 1:45PM - 10:15PM, Monday through Friday with overtime eventually becoming a possibility or required. When working overtime, the shift is either 9 or 10 hours maximum.
Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary - The Grinder Punch Press Trainee is responsible for rough grinding of castings. Grind gates, fins, part lines, pockets and castings on a stationary stand grinder or bench grinding stations as required. Trim castings on a trim press. Grind as per instructions from supervisor/coordinator. Also, maintain quality specified by supervisor/coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following:
- Grinding gates and flashing neatly and at the established rates.
- Changing and dressing grind wheels.
- Must be able to count and record accurate counts.
- Must be able to do repeated lifting up to 30 pounds unassisted.
- Requires good manual dexterity.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area in prescribed manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Requirements - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements and competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting or standing 100% of shift. Minimal walking required. Vision is necessary. Lifting up to 30 pounds unassisted. Smaller castings are handled repeatedly during the day.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.