Journeyman Millwright Mechanic
Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a 1st Shift Journeyman Millwright Mechanic to join our Prairie Du Sac, WI team in Department 270. This position starts at $30.02 per hour. Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Summary: Troubleshoot, repair, and install all types of machinery and equipment thru-out the plant. Perform preventive maintenance work. Work with all maintenance personnel to kept all the machines and plant equipment running on a daily basis..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following.
1. Perform very extensive maintenance work on all plant equipment, including electrical repairs; machine repairs and installs; maintain all assembly equipment, maintain all plant equipment, including motors, gearboxes, conveyors, heating systems, compressors, plumbing, and electrical work. Etc.
2. Have extremely good knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with all machine, equipment, and plant repairs.
3. Operate and use all types of power tools, including but not limited to hand tools, welders, torches and other various types of maintenance shop machinery. Lathes, mills, drill presses, hydraulic press, band saw, and horizontal saw. Etc.
4. Rebuild and fabricate parts for all types of machinery and plant equipment.
5. Responsible for performing duties specified in the schedule as per instructions from supervisor.
6. Work areas and equipment thru-out the shop must be maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition on a daily basic.
7. Should have extremely good knowledge of blueprints, electrical schematics, ladder diagrams, technical manuals, and machine parts drawings.
8. Must be able to work in all types of working conditions typically found in plant environments.
9. Troubleshoot, ability to install and very good working knowledge of PLC controls, machine controls (Including all types of drives) Fanuc, Mitsubishi, etc. internal wiring, and power supplies, mechanics, hydraulics, lubricants, and pneumatics.
10. Able to install all types of new equipment and remove all types of old equipment from all shop areas.
11. Must be able to drive forklift and other types of equipment.
12. Work with other maintenance personnel when required.
13. Have very good knowledge of CNC G code, PLC, & various Conversational controls.
14. Must communicate with all shop personnel.
15. Must be able to use all types of measuring equipment. Calipers, micrometers, indicators, gage blocks, and machine levels. Etc.
16. Must be willing to train all lower level maintenance personnel.
17. Work is subject to final inspection.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements:
Quality: - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity: - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Safety and Security: - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality: - Is consistently at work and present at his/her workstation or department and ready to begin working at their scheduled time.
Dependability: - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Two year certificate from college or technical school; or Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of supervisors or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand or walk 100% of shift, frequent bending and lifting up to 30 – 40 lbs. frequently, unassisted. 70 lbs. occasionally, assisted or unassisted
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.