Machine Operator - Saw
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operating saw in structural steel division.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The saw operator has knowledge of commonly used sawing material concepts, practices and procedures and relies on pre-established guidelines to perform job. Under general supervision operates various tools and equipment.
• Run saw safely and productively.
• Run crane and obtain own material.
• Read prints to cut pitches, mitre cuts.
• Understand structural shapes and sizes.
• Complete daily production reports.
• Communicate needs with Purchasing Department.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
1. Proven self-starter with ability to take instruction as needed.
2. Ability to read tape measure to 1/16 of an inch.
3. Good problem solving abilities.
4. Proficient computer skills, with ability to use MS Outlook. 5. Ability to perform all operations accurately and within acceptable quality and time standards. 6. Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions; possess good interpersonal communication skills to work well with others.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. HS Diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience operating a saw machine, preferred.
3. Prior experience in a production environment, preferred.
4. Forklift truck experience, preferred.
Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. Must wear safety glasses and hearing protection while in Shop. Demonstrate accountability for all safety procedures. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, twist, lean, squat and pull as necessary. Must be able to talk and hear. Must be able to maneuver overhead crane. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off, generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center discount and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at 1330 Dallas Street, Sauk City, WI; mail resume to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com