Milwaukee Valve Company is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Prairie du Sac, WI team. Under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Quality Assurance, the Quality Engineer will be assigned projects and tasks that will support quality requirements and improvements throughout the organization for both domestic and international product lines. The Quality Engineer will provide support to all areas of the company to ensure high quality of products produced along with meeting
Established in 1901, Milwaukee Valve manufactures valves for a variety of industries including Industrial, Commercial, Fire Protection, Marine and the dry bulk hauling industries. Our products have been installed on every U.S. Navy ship built for the last 50 years.
Our heritage, our people, and our passion is to be the best, and Milwaukee Valve is proud of its engineering excellence and its employees who take pride and dedication in their work. In return, Milwaukee Valve offers an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and promotional opportunities including Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance options, Flex Spending, 401K with employer match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and shift premiums. For more information please go to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following:
- Coordinate requirements with quality, engineering, operations and suppliers.
- Analyze quality performance by using statistical and analytical tools and methods.
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and processes.
- Develop and implement approaches and processes to ensure continuous improvement and supplier compliance with all technical and QA program requirements.
- Communicate to and support implementation of industry best practices within the organization and supply chain.
- Track supplier quality trends, root cause evaluations, and implementation of preventative and corrective actions and problem resolution.
- Develop and establish quality procedures and support of calibration system.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable industry quality codes and standards.
- Serve as ISO 9001/14001 Internal Auditor.
- Implement rapid response and resolution with suppliers when non-conformances are encountered to ensure continued material flow.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of ongoing business activities which include but are not limited to: the ISO-9001 program, daily and routine manufacturing and QC inspection issues, Kaizen and lean mfg. initiatives, internal audits, testing issues or general QA/QC procedural matters.
- Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
Supervisory Responsibilities - This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Requirements – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements and competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience – Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related technical area, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a quality assurance role with heavy supplier interface or equivalent education and experience. Coordinate requirements with engineering, operations and suppliers.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office, MVWorks, and the ERP system.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.