Weekend Shift Foundry Maintenance
Summary: Will work with other Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot and repair various types of machinery & equipment. Perform preventive maintenance work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to which competency will be measured include the following.
- Perform general maintenance work on all plant equipment while working with other qualified maintenance personnel.
- Maintain machines in both the foundry and sometimes the machine shop, heating systems, compressors, plumbing, etc. with the help of other qualified maintenance personnel.
- Requires basic knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repairs.
- Operate and use of various types of power tools, including but not limited to hand tools, welders
and torches. Also work with various types of machinery in Maintenance Department while working with other qualified maintenance personnel.
- Work with other qualified maintenance personnel to learn to rebuild or fabricate parts for various machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for performing duties specified in schedule as per instructions from supervisor.
- Safety awareness when working with all power tools, all machinery in maintenance department, hoists, and welding/torch use.
- Work areas and equipment must be maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition on a daily basic.
- Should have some basic knowledge of blueprints and machine drawings.
- Work is subject to final inspection.
- Must be able to work in all types of working conditions typically found in a foundry environment.
- Assist other maintenance personnel when required.
- Must take basic classes for hydraulic, pneumatic, fabrication, welding, and minimal electrical training.
Other duties may be assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following requirements:
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, Certificate from college or technical school; or 2 to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write simple correspondence. Have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand or walk 100% of shift, frequent bending and lifting of up to 30 - 40 lbs. unassisted several times during the shift. 70 lbs. occasionally assisted.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Milwaukee Valve is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.