WELDER – Either Structural or Ag Manufacturing Departments
REPORTS TO: Shop Manage or Ag Production Sprvsr DEPARTMENT: Structural or Mfg
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for Structural or Ag Production department welding projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Welder has knowledge of commonly used welding concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the job.
Specifically in Structural:
- Weld in GMAW Process.
- Read and interpret weld symbols.
- Use a torch, hand held plasma torch, carbon arc.
- Follow weld marking requirements.
- Learn full-pen welds.
- Ensure completed welds are of acceptable visual quality.
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Utilize resources to ensure efficient and timely completion of work.
- Understand and follow all McFarlane quality and safety procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; technical degree in welding preferred.
- Metal materials methods a plus.
- Able to read tape measure to the 1/16 of an inch.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision; take instruction from bench leader, as needed.
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills to work well with others.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
Compensation is based upon experience. Eligible for Sign-On Bonus! Competitive benefits package includes: paid health (health savings account with limited match dollar for dollar), dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, generous PTO accrual, paid holidays, safety-toed boot program and uniform subsidy, company sponsored events, flexible schedule, referral bonus program, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Benefit, generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center Employee Discount, and more! To be considered for this opportunity, please apply in person or submit resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583, or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com