Apparel Handler / Production Assistant - PT
Part Time Apparel Handler / Production Assistant
We’re looking for a self motivated and organized individual to join our team as an apparel handler. This part time position handles post production tasks such as folding, counting and packaging apparel. A high level of quality and attention to detail in every single order is a must as you are responsible for quality control of prints and garments. In the embroidery room this position will assist with clipping and cleaning of garments after they are stitched. The ability to effectively work with coworkers and supervisors with the desire to learn is essential.
This position ideally would work approximately 4 hours per day. This could be 10 to 2 everyday or 11 to 3. There is flexibility in picking the schedule, but once it is picked it would remain the same each week.
- Perform quality control standards and follow standard operating procedures as outlined
- Pull product, sort, fold and organize orders
- Clip and clean garments following embroidery
- Heat press numbers and transfers onto garments
- Reclaim screens and assist screen printers as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time, bend, kneel, reach, twist, and frequent lifting (occasionally up to 40lbs)
- Frequent use of hands and fingers and the need to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to work in a minimal air-conditioned shop with fans
- Ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures with minimal direction.
- Able to efficiently work at a fast speed in a fast-paced setting and meet quality control standards established
- Strong documentation skills, accuracy and attention-to-detail necessary.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Communicate with team members in a positive manner
- Follow instructions with eagerness to learn more and be a value member
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- No experience is required in screen printing or embroidery,but is beneficial
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
All employees and clients are required to wear masks and social distance.