Embroidery Machine Operator
- Setting up and operating embroidery machine in accordance with written and verbal instruction/training, and company safety and quality guidelines.
- Stage, hoop and load products onto embroidery machines.
- Solve embroidery machine problems and adjust mechanical operations to keep the best quality and production speed.
- Perform regular maintenance on sewing equipment.
- Must be someone that works well with others and willing to help in other areas of the business when needed and when time allows.
- Part time or full time Monday through Thursday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- Receives production order and job assignments from production lead. Obtain garment, threads, sew outs, and related supplies needed to produce job.
- Ensure sew outs for future jobs are done each morning.
- Approve sew outs on each job from team lead
- Sews job maintaining optimum production speed and makes machine adjustments to maintain sew quality, registration and color.
- Completes production records and files sew outs
- Ensures proper cleanliness of machine, workstation and immediate machine area by returning unused thread to thread shelves and removing trash.
- One plus years of experience and/or on the job training in embroidery required.
- Must have good judgment of color, design and quality.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to changing business needs.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, designs, and work instructions.
- Training on individual machines will be provided.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Reasonable math, computer and reasoning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, quality, and safety
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- The employee will be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Limited air conditioning
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to work in an environment with moderate to loud machine noise
- Pay is negotiable based on prior experience and other merits
- Sewing: 1 year minimum
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 - $17.00 per hour based on experience
Benefits for Full time:
- SIMPLE matching
- Employee discount
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.