JOB SUMMARY: Represent McFarlanes’ True Value as a Rental Associate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Effectively and efficiently handle customer rentals. Ensure rental items are in clean
and operational condition. Responsible for assigned customer service, shipping/delivering and receiving, and tent crew.
• Assist with shipping and receiving.
• Load and unload items for customers.
• Load and unload deliveries on/off semi-trucks, make deliveries using McFarlanes' vehicle.
• Operate forklift truck in warehouse.
• Set up tents and perform "tent crew" deliveries, as needed.
• Make customer deliveries such as salt, grills, fencing, and large equipment.
• Follow company customer service standards, policies and procedures; accountable for all safety procedures.
• Effectively & accurately process rental agreements with customers by phone and in person.
• Accurately enter information into rental program (ex: customer name, address, phone, drivers’ license, and rental
• Ensure customer understanding of rental rules (ex: date and time due and proper cleaning of rental item).
• Ensure customer understanding of how rental items operate.
• Check-out/Check-in and inspect rental equipment for damages, defects, or shortages.
• Monitor equipment and report repairs/maintenance as needed; tag equipment as needed for cleaning/repair; clean
rental equipment as needed.
• Maintain clean, safe, and organized work stations (rental desk and service area).
• Provide assistance, perform additional tasks and assignments in all areas of the store as requested by management.
• Work full time hours-variety of day/evening shifts, including weekends; with open availability.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Prior customer service experience.
4. Prior forklift experience, preferred.
5 . Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
6. Ability to move/ back-up large trailers.
7. Ability to utilize computerized rental system.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to walk, stand; reach and extend to load items
or carry items; bend, twist, squat, pull; and talk and hear. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Use of
telephone, computer, keyboard. Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion. Ability to work on tent
crew pounding stakes, carrying poles. Must wear PPE while on the Warehouse Floor. Demonstrates accountability for all
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package
which includes group health, dental, vision, life/disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, generous
Retail Service Center discount and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online
application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’,
780 Carolina St, Sauk City, WI; mail to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583