RETAIL SALES CLERK
JOB SUMMARY: The retail sales clerk / cashier position is responsible for maintaining customer service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all McFarlanes’ company policy / store standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of product information, merchandise promotions and advertisements; set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales; assist in floor moves, merchandising and display maintenance.
- Responsible for actively promoting the True Value Rewards Program; understanding and coordinating the enrollment process of McFarlanes’ customers not participating in the Program.
- Assist in store housekeeping; maintain clean and orderly cash register area.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Accept payment and make change; accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers. Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise; communicate customer requests to management, as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned as requested.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to maintain excellent customer focus at all times.
- Possess proficient written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative to ensure and accomplish all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
- Proficient in math.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical manner, with integrity to be honest; to be accountable and take responsibility for scheduled work times; and to be dedicated to the job with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Previous retail customer service experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
Compensation is based upon experience. Competitive benefits package includes paid health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k match, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, flexible spending and generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center Employee Discount.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply in person at or submit resume to: McFarlanes' True Value, Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583, or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com