Retail Sales Clerk - Part-Time
JOB SUMMARY: The retail sales clerk position is responsible for maintaining customer service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing and loss prevention in adherence to all McFarlanes’ company policy / store standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
· Maintain an awareness of product information, merchandise promotions and advertisements; set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales; assist in floor moves, merchandising and display maintenance.
· Assist in store housekeeping; maintain clean and orderly cash register area.
· Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
· Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise; communicate customer requests to management, as needed.
· Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
· Performs other duties assigned as requested.
· Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous retail customer service experience, preferred.
3. Ability to maintain excellent customer focus at all times.
4. Possess proficient written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to take initiative to ensure and accomplish all assigned duties and responsibilities.
6. Ability to work as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
7. Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical manner, with integrity to be honest; to be accountable and take responsibility for scheduled work times; and to be dedicated to the job with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to competitive compensation provided for part-time Retail Sales Clerk opportunities, McFarlanes’ offers a generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center Employee Discount. To be considered for this position please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com, submit resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’, Attn: HR, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583; or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com.