FLOATER – MANUFACTURING / PAINT
JOB SUMMARY: The Floater uses a pressure washer, maintains worksite and equipment, and assists painters as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, performs routine prep work; cleans up at end of shift; uses required PPE.
• Prep paint carts
• Grease bushings
• Ensure flow of carts (order of completion)
• Assist in helping painters with pushing of carts
• Ensure correct pH levels with discharge of tanks
• Assist with paint loading
• Perform daily routine clean up duties
• Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Related experience or training preferred.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
• Ability to deal with routine situations.
• Ability to perform simple math.
• Ability to understand and practice pressure washing methods, safety practices and procedures.
• Ability to provide flexibility as needed to move between departments.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Able to stand for long periods of time. Able to bend / stoop continuously. Able to squat, kneel occasionally. Able to push and pull heavy (100 lbs.) carts frequently. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. Able to handle extreme temperatures. Able to grip trigger as necessary for pressure washing. Must wear personal protective equipment while in the manufacturing plant or structural shop.
Competitive benefits offered include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending, Paid Training Opportunities, Generous Employee Discount, Flexible Schedule and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., Human Resources, 1330 Dallas Street or 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com