Fork Truck Operator/ Material Handler
JOB SUMMARY: Fork truck operator/ material handler loads and unloads structural steel parts and deliveries, or moves them to and from various work, receiving or storage areas. Provides production support by moving material throughout Yard.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, performs routine fork truck and material moving responsibilities.
- Load and unload structural steel inventory and finished product.
- Move/ maneuver inventory and finished product around Yard and throughout Facility.
- Stack and store steel inventory.
- Ensure loads are secure throughout handling and movement.
- Ensure loads to be transported are loaded properly and securely.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Work Overtime, as needed.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Forklift certified or ability to become certified.
- Possess proficient math skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license (Fork truck requirement).
- Possess a responsible attitude.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable time standards; working efficiently, yet safely, as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to work OT, as needed.
- Ability to follow instructions and keep records.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to stand, bend, and twist throughout an entire shift. Able to lift 50 lbs. Must wear PPE while on the floor. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is based on experience. As a full-time employee of McFarlane Mfg. Co. you will be eligible to receive a competitive benefits package, which includes payments towards group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k plus match, Paid Time Off, paid training, generous employee retail service center discount and more!
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlane Mfg., Attn: HR, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax), or email HR@mcfarlanemfg.com, visit www.mcfarlanemfg.com for more information and to apply online.