General Laborer - Assembly
JOB SUMMARY: The general laborer - assembly provides production support by assembling product and ensuring a safe work environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, performs assembly production responsibilities.
• Assists with final assembly per established McFarlane Mfg. Co. practices and procedures.
• Assists supervisor with production flow, organization and efficiency.
• Assist in manufacturing prototypes for R&D.
• Ensure production areas are free of debris and dirt.
• Ensure defective products or observed equipment malfunctions are reported and repaired.
• Operate forklift and overhead cranes.
• Produce high quality finished products.
• Package finished products and crate for shipment.
• Practice safe work habits and follows general safety procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. HS Diploma or equivalent.
2. Forklift certified or ability to become certified.
3. Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals.
4. Must be able to read shop drawings.
5. Must have working knowledge of power or hand tools.
6. Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
7. Ability to recognize quality expected and able to reproduce it.
8. Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip; reach; bend, twist, squat, pull; and talk and hear. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 50 lbs. Must wear PPE while on the Floor. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off, generous Retail Service Center discount and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlane Mfg., 1330 Dallas Street, Sauk City, WI; mail resume to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com