Structural Steel Detailer
Generate timely and efficient shop drawings with accurate detail for steel fabrication.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Produce shop structural and miscellaneous drawings, anchor setting plans and details, erection drawings and details, per AISC, AWS, ASTM, building codes, contract drawings, specifications, and supplemental documents.
1. Partner with Customer, contractor, designer, project manager, estimator, project coordinator, and production staff to ensure details represent a cost effective solution.
2. Prepare/check structural steel drawings. Review and provide feedback on vendor drawings.
3. Prepare and finalize material cut lists, hole programs, field bolt summaries, production programs and related specifications.
4. Review and incorporate changes for impact on details, materials, and job schedules.
5. Collaborate to resolve and/or clarify shop fabrication issues, constructions document questions, and field calls. 6. Monitor and report job progress, maintain job files, and project logs.
7. Provide assistance or training for new hires or detailers.
8. Ensure detailing schedules are met and report anticipated overruns.
9. Build and maintain professional contacts.
10. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
11. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a two (2) year technical degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three - five (3-5) years’ experience in manufacturing using 2-D AutoCAD and/or 3-D CAD.Specific SDS/2 experience required.
- Experience in FabSuite, Fabtrol, or Trimble Connect, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Project/program management and implementation skills
• Detail oriented, flexible, and the ability to work additional hours to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must wear proper PPE while on production floor. Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Use hands; reach with hands and arms. Close vision required. Utilize computer keyboard and monitor. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., 1330 Dallas Street, Sauk City, WI; mail resume to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com