Diesel Tech II & IIIPosition OverviewReports To: Shop - Manager
Dotted Line Oversight By: NONE
Dotted Line Oversight For:
Assists with basic mechanic activities and maintaining shop cleanliness.
- BASIC MECHANIC ACTIVITIES (60%)
- Perform basic maintenance (oil changes, lube, filters, brakes, etc.).
- Perform minor diagnostics.
- SHOP CLEANING (20%)
- Pickup and organize tools & equipment.
- Sweep/clean floors after job completion.
- Dispose of waste/used products (oil, antifreeze, steel, etc.).
- RECORDS MAINTENANCE (15%)
- Maintain job records of parts inventory and serviced vehicles.
- ATTEND TRAININGS (5%)
- Attend and/or participate in various trainings (online, manuals, etc.).
- Consistent practice of main mechanic tasks.
- Improved safety and efficiency with clean shop environment.
- Increased skills through interaction with other mechanics and training materials.
- Reliable attendance and openness to learn.
- Interest in working in a shop environment.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 75lbs and walk 10,000 steps per day on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated competencies with basic mechanical tasks.